EMCF CHURCH PRIVACY NOTICE
How EMCF Church (“we”) use your information
- Data: collectively all information that you submit to EMCF via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
- EMCF, we or us: EMCF, a company and a charity incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 3971567 | Charity no. 1080638 whose registered office is at Bridge House, Riverside Court, Pride Park, DE24 8HY;
- User or you: any third party that accesses the website and is not either (i) employed by EMCF and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to EMCF and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website: the website that you are currently using, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
WHY ARE WE COLLECTING YOUR DATA?
We collect personal data to provide appropriate pastoral care, to monitor and assess the quality of our services, to fulfil our purposes as a church and to comply with the law regarding data sharing. In legal terms this is called ‘legitimate interests’. When it is required, we may also ask you for your consent to process your data. We do not share your information with others except as described in this notice.
The categories of information that we may collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, spouse name, children name(s), telephone number, address and email address, job,) Characteristics (such as gender, date of birth, whether you are part of a volunteer rota)
- Web Browser type and version (automatically collected)
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
STORING YOUR DATA
We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation. We will contact you annually to check that the information we are holding is accurate and that you agree to us holding it. Data security is of great importance to EMCF and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website. If password access is required for certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the website.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We will not share your information with third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so.
REQUESTING ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact Sanjay Parmar, EMCF Operations Manager (details below).
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact Sanjay Parmar, EMCF Operations Manager (details below).
For information on the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the Information Commissioner please follow this link www.gov.uk.
Sanjay Parmar, EMCF Operations Manager. Phone: 01332 332044 (Option 3) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org